Throughout the game, players will come across mushrooms that must be destroyed in order to progress. After attempting to strike the shroom patch with pickaxes and shovels, players will realize that these mushrooms are not your average fungus and will require a unique remedy to remove in Disney Dreamlight Valley. This answer is linked to a Friendship Quest, which becomes available whenever Merlin’s Friendship Level reaches a certain level. Here’s how you can remove those mushrooms, especially Large Mushrooms in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
Reach Level 8 in Merlin’s Friendship
Throughout your Disney Dreamlight Valley playthrough, you can gain several watering can upgrades that affect which barriers you can remove. Here’s how to improve your Watering Can and eliminate Large Mushrooms in Disney Dreamlight Valley.
- First, you’ll need to upgrade your watering can. To start upgrading your Watering Can, you must first earn Friendship Level 8 with Merlin.
- When you hit Friendship Level 8, Merlin will assign you the mission “A Dark Experiment.” This mission will require you to gather three materials:
- 20 Mushrooms: Found on the ground randomly in Glade of Trust
- 5 Emeralds: Can be mined from the tall black rocks in the Forest of Valor and Glade of Trust.
- 3 Purified Night Shards: 5 Night Shards and 1 Dream Shard are required to make this item. To make three Purified Night Shards, you’ll need 15 Night Shards and three Dream Shards.
- When you obtain these goods, present them to Merlin, who will upgrade your Watering Can. After you finish this mission, you’ll get the first upgrade. The first upgrade lets you eliminate tiny mushrooms.
Reach Level 10 in Merlin’s Friendship
Now, the next step is to gain Friendship Level 10 with Merlin so you can remove the larger type of mushrooms from the area. Once you’ve reached that stage, choose the level 10 quest. This will be assigned by Merlin, called “The Final Trial.”
- This quest begins by requiring you to craft five Purified Night Shards.
- After you’ve crafted these Purified Night Shards, take them to Wall-E to be crushed into Night Shard Powder. This means you’ll need to unlock Wall-E before starting this quest.
- After gathering the Night Shard Powder, speak with Merlin, who will give you the “Magic Weed Removal” book.
- Next, you’ll need to collect some other items to finish this quest.
- 1 Falling Water: Found near the river’s mouth in the Glade of Trust
- 1 Ice Heart: Plant the Ice Heart Seed in your inventory at the Frosted Heights area and then collect the Ice heart.
- 25 Mushrooms: Search for them on the ground in the Glade of Trust. You can remove small mushrooms at this point so look for them.
- Once you’ve gathered all of the necessary ingredients, make the Royal Watering Can Upgrading Ointment for your Watering Can. It will help you upgrade the Watering can to the second level. Also, at this point, you’ll be done with the quest “The Final Trial.”
After crafting the Royal Watering Can Upgrading Ointment, speak with Merlin to upgrade your Watering Can for the second time. This will now enable you the removal of huge mushrooms.
Now you can go around the areas and eliminate as many Large Mushrooms as you can in Disney Dreamlight Valley.