Developed by Eidos-Montréal and published by Square Enix Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is an action-adventure game. It is based on Marvel’s comic book series. The game was released on 26th October 2021 for Windows, PlayStation 4&5. Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S. The player has control of Peter Quill from a third-person perspective. Other members include Gamora, Drax, Rocket Raccoon and Groot. The other players are not directly playable but are controlled by artificial intelligence. Each character possesses a unique set of skills that can be utilized to do damage. In this guide, we will tell you how to fix the crashing issue of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
1) Verifying game files through Steam
If the game cannot launch at all then verify your game files through Steam.
- Right click on Guardians of the Galaxy in your Library and click on Properties.
- In the Local Files tab, select Verify Integrity of local files.
2) Do a clean boot
If you are having trouble with Guardians of the Galaxy do a clean boot. This is how you can do this:
- Open your task manager.
- Go to the Startup tab.
- Disable enabled applications that launch on Startup.
- Restart your computer.
- Load the game without any background tasks running.
3) Performance updates from Eidos-Montréal
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is a huge game so the developers at Eidos-Montréal are constantly coming up with new updates. They will soon release a patch to fix any crashing issues.
4) Do a clean installation of the graphics card
Go to the official driver website and download the latest driver for your GPU. Make sure to check the box which says Perform a clean installation on the Custom installation options window when you install the driver.
5) Reinstall Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
Make sure to uninstall and reinstall the game.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Storage.
- Select Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy from the list and then Hit Delete.
- Once the game is deleted, download the game again.
This is all for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy crashing issue. For more guides like these keep following Retrology!