Widgets are shortcuts for quick access to information. You can get them by clicking on the widget icon on the Taskbar. You can also access them by pressing Win + W on your keyboard and accessing the Widgets from the left, over your desktop. With the new Windows 11 update, you can now access Widgets easily from your Taskbar. However, with the new updates, comes new bugs as such Windows 11 hibernating issues, images not opening properly, Auto HDR problems, and more. Microsoft’s Xbox One is no exception in this regard as well. In this guide, we will teach you how you can remove news widget in Windows 11
You can customize widget sizes, rearrange them, and add or remove the ones you want. The Widgets that Windows 11 currently provides include calendar, weather, local traffic, To-Do lists, Photos, Sports, and tips.
By default, you will see two sections on your widgets board. There will be the Widgets you have selected on the top and your news feed on the bottom. In this guide, we will help you remove the News Widget in Windows 11.
Unlike normal widgets, it cannot be removed by simply hovering over the three dots and choosing to remove Widget. If you don’t use the Widgets button altogether you can remove it directly from the Taskbar by unpinning it. This is one way of turning off News and Interests.
One other way of removing News Widget is by:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Personalization > Taskbar
- Select Show Widgets Button and the Widgets will disappear from the taskbar
- Open Registry Editor
- Go to path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\
- Go to TaskbarDa on the right panel
- Right Click on Advanced from the left panel
- Go to New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Rename the value to TaskbarDa
- Double-Click TaskbarDa
- To make the Widgets button visible make it 1 to hide it make it 0
- Select OK to apply the changes
Hope this guide was helpful in telling you how to remove News Widget in Windows 11. For more solutions to your Tech-related problems be sure to check out the Tech section at Retrology.