Developed by Koei Tecmo Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water is a survival horror game. It is the fifth instalment in the Fatal Frame series. Remastered for Windows and eighth and ninth-generation consoles the game got released in October 2021. Using the Camera Obscura the players take pictures of the hostile ghosts that must be defeated. The story takes place on imaginary Hikami Mountain and it focuses on three main characters who are drawn into paranormal events. The player controls the characters from a third-person perspective. The team used a conventional Japanese horror aesthetic for the game. In this guide, we will tell you how to fix the stuttering issue of Maiden of Black Water.
Here’s how to fix the stuttering issue for this game:
Fix the Nvidia GPU
- Firstly, launch the Nvidia control panel by right clicking on your desktop.
- Now go to “Manage 3D Settings”.
- Select “Program Settings Tab”.
- Here you will see “add”, click on it and select “FATAL FRAME/ PROJECT ZERO: Maiden of Black Water”.
- Here search “Maximum frame rate” in the settings and select “60 FPS”
- Click OK.
- Lastly, Apply these settings and exit the control panel.
Enable Game Mode
If you are playing the game on Windows 10, you can enable the game mode.
Here is how you can enable the game mode:
- Go to the Settings.
- Now, go to the Gaming Section
- Lastly, switch to Game Mode.
In the game mode, your gaming experience will be prioritized. Furthermore,the game will run at a high FPS.
Turnoff Unnecessary background activity
Unnecessary background apps can cause stuttering issues. Close all background activity to experience a smooth game-play.
Upgrade your RAM
The easiest way to fix the stuttering issue of this game is to update your RAM. If you have a RAM of 8GB, upgrade to a 16 GB RAM.
This is all for on how to fix the stuttering issue of Maiden of Black Water. For more guides like this keep following Retrology!