Genshin Impact is an action role-playing game developed and published by Chinese game house miHoYo. It was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Android, and iOS in September 2020, for PlayStation 5 in April 2021.
Genshin Impact is a pleasant surprise, delivering a sprawling, thoughtful world, and ingenious combat mechanics. Teyvat currently only features two regions out of the seven teased in the story, but developer Mihoyo has made it clear that a new region, new characters, and all new content are just around the corner. A good thing to notice here is that the Genshin Impact patch 2.1 is finally here. This update presents Fishing to the game. This recently introduced facet of the game includes many things that make it interesting and exciting, but you have to unlock it first.
In this guide, we’ll tell you how to unlock fishing and some good spots to catch fish. So keep reading and follow the steps mentioned below to unlock fishing.
Unlock Fishing in Genshin Impact
- The first, you need to get at adventure rank 30 or more.
- Then you have to Travel to Inazuma and get the Serenitea Pot player housing system unlocked.
- Next, you have to talk with Katherine at Adventure’s Guild at Mondstadt to pick up the Exploding Population quest.
These are the simple and easy steps by which you can unlock fishing.
How to do Fishing in Genshin Impact
Just like unlocking fishing, catching fish is also not a difficult task in Genshin Impact. All you need to do is a little practice and you’ll be good at it in no time.
- First step is to press “F” to start.
- Then, select your rod and bait.
- To begin fishing, hold down the left mouse button and then release it to cast your line.
- Now, wait for the splash animation before pressing the left mouse button to hook a fish that has been drawn to the bait.
- After that, a tension gauge will appear, and you will need to click and release the mouse button alternately to keep the indicator within the specified area.
- You will successfully catch the fish if you continue to do so until the circular bar is filled.
Fishing Rods and Bait
There are a total of 4 different fishing rods and baits in the game. Different baits are used to catch different kinds of fish. Following are the baits used in the game.
- Fake Fly bait
- Redrot bait
- Fruit Paste bait
- False Worm bait
Fishing locations in Genshin Impact
In Mondstadt you will find a good spot for fishing in the river south of the Seven Statue in Widrise and also the area Dragonspine right near a Teleportation Waypoint. You can also look out in Stormbearer Mountains, the right side of the Teleport Waypoint.
One easily reachable location in Liyue is the broken bridge at Mingyun Village’s entrance. And the other is in Tianqiu Valley, which is located directly to the west of the Teleport Waypoint.
There are two main spots in Inazuma. The first is near the teleport point at the Ritou port. The second location is close to the Violet Court Domain. You can easily do fishing at these spots.
This was all about the Genshin Impact Fishing guide. It’s quite easy and doable. We hope it helped you. For more details on this game and much other interesting content, keep following Retrology.