Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters is the most recent turn-based strategy RPG in the Warhammer 40k franchise, and a remake of the 1998 Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate. You can lead a team of Gray Knights in the game against the terrible gangs of Nurgle, the Chaos deity of destruction, who are hell-bent on destroying the galaxy via a cosmic virus known as Bloom. However, a few players have complained that they are unable to play Warhammer 40,000 owing to Low FPS, Stuttering, And Frame Drops issues. These issues are not new to this remake of the game as there were several of these issues noted in the Warhammer 3 part of the game too.
There may be several causes for the same problems, but there are few approaches to overcome those issues. If your Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters game is also crashing or freezing, you can use this guide to find all possible solutions. Let’s have a look then.
Run as administrator.
The first attempt to run Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters without any crashing or not launching difficulties was with admin access. To do so,
- To begin, navigate to the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters installation folder, right-click the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters.exe file, and select Properties from the context menu.
- Select the Compatibility tab in the new window’s Settings section and check the box next to the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Finally, you should be able to play the game without any problems.
The most common reason for Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters frame drops is an outdated graphics driver. You should upgrade the relevant driver to the most recent version to fix this issue. To do so,
- To begin, put “device” into the system search box and click on the Device Manager window that appears.
- Select and expand the Display adapters section on the new screen, then click on your Graphics Driver.
- Right-click the driver and choose Update driver from the sub-menu list.
- Finally, restart your computer, reinstall the game, and play it normally.
Check the integrity of the game files
Checking the integrity of game files might sometimes help you run Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters without lagging. To do so,
- To begin, open Steam and navigate to the Library area, where you can get Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu on the Citizen Sleeper game icon.
- Check the integrity of the game files.
- Select Local Files from the newly appearing screen and then Verify Integrity of Game Files from the right pane menu.
- Relaunch the game after you’ve finished seeing if the adjustments have benefited you.
In Epic Game Launcher
- To begin, open the Epic Game Launcher and go to the Library section.
- Select Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters from the Library by clicking on the three horizontal dots.
- Select the Verify option from the drop-down menu list, and you’re done.
Turn off Overlays
Overlays are a useful tool for improving the performance of the game on the system. However, this convenient function can sometimes interfere with game performance and cause complications. Disable overlays like GeForce Experience, Discord, and other third-party programs to avoid this.
In the GeForce Experience,
Open your GeForce Experience, then click the Settings button.
- Disable the in-game overlay.
- Open Discord and go to Settings->Overlay-> Disable the in-game overlay.
If you haven’t updated your Windows in a long time, this could be the cause of your PC crashing or not starting Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters. This problem can be resolved by updating your Windows. To do so,
- To open the Settings window, hit Windows + I at the same time.
- Click the Windows Update option on the new screen, then the Check for Updates button.
- Relaunch the game after the update is complete to observe the difference.
Reduce the graphic settings
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters features upgraded graphic effects and a high-end scientific backdrop, however, the game might suddenly stall or crash while playing. To avoid this problem, reduce all of the game’s graphics settings and see what happens.
Turn off overclocking
Disabling the CPU/GPU overclocking option is strongly recommended to avoid game lagging. While we agree that overclocking improves game performance, it can also cause serious compatibility concerns. So, turn off the overclocking option and see what happens.
Reinstall the Game
If none of the previous alternatives work, you should uninstall the game from your computer. After that, download and install the game on your machine, and play it without any of the previously mentioned concerns.
The Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters Low FPS, Stuttering, And Frame Drops issues on PC and its solutions are covered in this article.