“This person is unavailable on Messenger” on Facebook Messenger does not always indicate that the other person has blocked you. It could. It is not, however, the only reason.
This message could imply a variety of things. The other person’s account may have been deactivated, or they may be restricted in some way.
While Facebook includes a support center to assist users in resolving the most common issues, you may not always find the ideal solution. So, here are some of the reasons for this and how to avoid them.
What Are the Causes for This Error Message?
You may be receiving this message for a variety of reasons. While you can’t be certain, you can make a guess based on the most common causes listed below:
- The user has deactivated the account.
- You are blocked by the user.
- The account was suspended by Facebook.
- Messenger has ceased operating or has crashed.
- The account was deactivated.
- It’s possible that the profile is private.
- The person is blocked by you.
- The user’s phone does not have the Messenger software installed.
Aside from the fact that this message appeared in your messenger due to a Facebook glitch, there are a few things you can take to resolve the matter.
Check if You Are Blocked
First and foremost, verify sure you haven’t blocked the user on your own account. You can check it by doing the following:
- Click on the top-right corner’s small down arrow.
- On Facebook, go to “Settings & Privacy.”
- Select “Settings.”
- You may see the users in your block list by going to the Block users part of the “Blocking” section.
- If the person appears in the list of blocked users, you have blocked them.
- Unblock the person if you want to chat with them.
- In the top-right corner, select the hamburger menu.
- In Facebook, go to Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Go to the “Blocking” section under the “Audience and Visibility” section to see the users on your block list.
- If the person’s name appears in the list, you’ve blocked them.
- Unblock the person if you want to chat with them.
However, the person you’re attempting to contact may have put you on their block list. The individual has blocked you on Facebook, Messenger, or both. You can tell by looking for several typical indications, such as:
- You can’t send them a message or add them to a group.
- Their profile picture is hidden from view.
- Their posts are invisible to you.
- They are no longer listed among your friends.
- When you look for their profile, you don’t see their name.
You can contact the person and ask them to unblock you on Messenger in this scenario.
You can still see their posts, comments, and responses even if they have blocked you on Messenger, but you won’t be able to send them messages or make phone calls.
Make Sure That You Are Not Contacting a Suspended Account
Accounts that breach Facebook’s terms and conditions agreement and guidelines are suspended or banned.
The account may be temporarily suspended. In exceptional circumstances, though, Facebook has the right to permanently disable the account. The length of time your account is suspended is determined by the kind of Community Guidelines you broke and how frequently you did so.
Find Out if the Person Has Deactivated His Account
Perhaps the user canceled their Facebook account because they wanted a break from Messenger for personal reasons.
If the person’s account has been canceled but they are still using Messenger, you can still search for them, see their profile picture, and message them.
If this isn’t the case, you won’t be able to send them a message or see their profile picture.
You can message them again once their Facebook Messenger account has been reactivated.
Update the Application
In every troubleshooting situation, the most obvious approach is to update the application. It’s possible that you’re getting the warning because you’re using an earlier version of the application. You can simply update the application in this instance.
Go to the Play Store/App Store to upgrade Messenger. Another option is to totally delete the application, clean its cache, and then reinstall it to see if it works.
Check Account Status
Check to see if the person you’re trying to speak with has an active account.
“This person is unavailable on Messenger” message may be showing because the person may have chosen to disable their account for a period of time or to erase it completely. Use the user’s name or email address to find them. If the person is still visible, the account is still active.
You can also inquire about their account status through a common acquaintance. Simply send a message from a friend’s account and see if the message is the same. If you receive the same notice, it’s possible their account is inactive.
Try Using the Web Version
If you’re using the Messenger app, it’s possible that it had some small issues and displayed the error message. You can use the web app version of Messenger to send messages. If you are not experiencing the issue, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the program to get rid of the “This person is unavailable on Messenger” error.
Connect to High-Speed Internet
You might be linked to a bad network at times. Because of this, the messenger could behave differently. You should connect to a stable network connection with better internet speed whenever available.
Check Facebook Memories
When you view the memories, you’ll notice prior likes and comments. If you can access their profile by clicking on their username, they have not blocked you. If that isn’t the case, you may have been blocked from their Facebook or Messenger accounts, or both.
You can access Facebook memories by going to:
- Launch Facebook.
- “Memories” can be found on the news feed’s left sidebar.
- Look through the previous post for the user account in the likes and comments.
Contact Facebook Team
Facebook makes every effort to keep its application online at all times. However, there may be times when a malfunction or defect causes the application to act in an unusual manner.
All of the above fixes should be tried first. If nothing else works, you may always contact Facebook to learn more about your issue. You can contact them by email at [email protected], which is their standard support address. You can email them at [email protected] if you’ve lost access to your account and need to regain it.
We hope we were able to help you in fixing the issue and connect with your friends on Facebook. For more of your tech-related issues be sure to check out Retrology.